Scouting is a volunteer organisation and as such these are volunteer roles. We offer a flexible volunteering approach, so any time you are able to give is greatly appreciated.
Some roles will require more time than others, however, these are just a selection of roles available and we would be happy to discuss with you any opportunities to volunteer within our fantastic organisation.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS (CRB) clearance.
Along with your district team, you will work with support and motivate volunteers to promote and grow Scouting within your area, encouraging young people to join by promoting positive, modern Scouting in the community. Other responsibilities include:
- Having a vision and the ability to put together a development plan for the District
- Providing an exciting district programme within which groups and young people are eager to get involved.
- Promoting involvement in County events and activities, allowing our members to be involved in as many opportunities as they wish to take part in
- Recruiting volunteers to assist and lead groups
- Encouraging young people to lead - This is a part of Scouting's 2023 vision.
For more information please download the full job description. To discuss the role further or to apply, please download the pack below or contact Alan Hayward for an informal chat
You will work with our County Training Manager, DCC (Programme) and Youth Commissioner to ensure all 14-17 year olds in the County who wish to become a Young Leader are able to do so, through the delivery of high quality and engaging Training Modules to meet the demands of the County.
Other responsibilities include:
- Manage the members of the Young Leader Support Team to ensure they deliver high-quality Young Leader Training and are working as a team.
- Co-ordinate the Young Leader Training Calendar and book venues as required for delivering Training.
- Manage bookings via Online Scout Manager.
- Lead meetings to plan the delivery of Training Modules through fun and engaging activities that meet the requirements for each Module.
- Promote Training Modules through varying channels of communication such as: social media, our website, emails through Compass, etc.
- Be the Leader in Charge at each Training Weekend.
For more information please download the full role description in the Information Pack below. To discuss the role further or to apply, please download the Application Form or contact Rachael Macadam for an informal chat.
You will work within the County Team to lead and support on a range of tasks such as:
- Developing and leading the County Youth Team to implement the County Youth Plan.
- Supporting District Youth Commissioners and Districts to promote Youth Shaped Scouting.
- Increasing the participation and involvement of young people at all levels across the County.
- Encourage the creation and greater participation in meaningful Youth Forums.
- Work with other local Youth Commissioners to feed into the UK Youth Commissioner Team including taking part in national training and conference opportunities as necessary.
For more information please download the full role description in the Information Pack below. To discuss the role further or to apply, please download the Application Form or contact Gary McCune for an informal chat