Scouting is a volunteer organisation and as such these are volunteer roles. We offer a flexible volunteering approach, so any time you are able to give is greatly appreciated.
Some roles will require more time than others, however, these are just a selection of roles available and we would be happy to discuss with you any opportunities to volunteer within our fantastic organisation.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS (CRB) clearance.
Along with your district team, you will work with support and motivate volunteers to promote and grow Scouting within your area, encouraging young people to join by promoting positive, modern Scouting in the community. Other responsibilities include:
- Having a vision and the ability to put together a development plan for the District
- Providing an exciting district programme within which groups and young people are eager to get involved.
- Promoting involvement in County events and activities, allowing our members to be involved in as many opportunities as they wish to take part in
- Recruiting volunteers to assist and lead groups
- Encouraging young people to lead - This is a part of Scouting's 2023 vision.
For more information please download the full job description. To discuss the role further or to apply, please download the pack below or contact Alan Hayward for an informal chat